Waves Poker funding proposal

Hello everyone,

Team
I’m the founder of the Waves Poker project (https://play.waves-poker.com). I’m a senior software engineer with more than 10 years in software development, mainly in web applications. I have developed various projects not related to blockchain along these years and participated in a Waves Hackathon in 2017 where I won 3rd place (and actually won 700 waves!). I played with RIDE smart contracts for a while as a hobby and then decided to develop a real project.
Being a poker player I though it would be cool to have a poker platform on this blockchain and I decided to create it in early 2022. I named it Waves Poker. It originally used USDN to operate and since the rename is using XTN. I paused the project following the XTN downfall and I’m ready to relaunch it now.

Description of the Proposal
Waves Poker is a poker website allowing anyone to play poker and other games on the Waves Blockchain. Players can connect using various options from the waves blockchain (Seed, Email, Keeper Wallet) .
There are a number of poker rooms available to play with various formats (2, 6 and 9 players tables) where players deposit XTN upon entering the table and will automatically receive their earnings upon leaving the table.
We provide the ability for anyone to create poker tournaments where they can specify and deposit the cash prize (in any waves currency they want) that will be sent to the winners at the end of the tournament. They can also specify a buy-in price that players must pay when registering to the tournament. This buy-in amount will then be sent to them once the tournament has been finished.

We also have several other one player games like Video Poker, Crash Game and BlackJack. To be able to play to these games, players must deposit XTN to their Waves Poker account and then are able to play seamlessly to these games. All earning are directly credited to their Waves Poker account which they can withdraw at any time they want.

Players played a few thousand hands in Poker and more than 10’s of thousands games of the other available games, even some earning as much as 1800 USDN in video poker when it was still pegged at $1 USD.
More than a hundred tournaments (both Free and Paid ones) and some other projects in the Waves ecosystem actually created some tournaments to advertise their currency.

All the games have been developed by me and I’m now looking for a funding from the Waves DAO.

Funds Requirements
I’m looking for 250k XTN to offer incentives to players like Free and Paid tournaments with nice cash prizes. Also I’m planning on adding new games continuously like Slots, Dice roller, Rocket Game and much more.

Profit for the DAO
By raising demand for XTN, Waves Poker will provide benefits for the whole Waves Ecosystem contributing to make XTN valuable again and raising its value.

Transaction
{ “type”: 4, “version”: 3, “chainId”: 87, “senderPublicKey”: “5ZDbzzBYhfPRt9KEpbyNW67Ng18Q1uNMdt99JjC7j8ok”, “assetId”: “DG2xFkPdDwKUoBkzGAhQtLpSGzfXLiCYPEzeKH2Ad24p”, “recipient”: “3PJUzpYNcBvgSg4Qc5sS6udupXH1VpnDvAZ”, “amount”: 250000000000, “attachment”: “”, “fee”: 100000, “feeAssetId”: null }

Thank you all for your time,

1 Like

Hi Syland,

My gambling site WavesGamble.com also had a poker module at the end. How did you solve the problem of needing a gambling license? This is why I took my site offline, not to end up on hot legal water.

Hello Pascal,

Thanks you for your response,

I have a number of friends that operate similar websites on other blockchains and they could help me out with their legal team to structure the internals of the application and how the financials work so it is clear to operate up to a certain threshold. Approaching this threshold I will pursue a Curaçao Licence as most sites do and like my friends did.

1 Like

Hi Syland,
Waves DAO currently doesn’t have XTN, this is the DAO wallet:

Waves DAO is a for profit organisation, so you would have to offer something in return.
Raising demand for XTN doesn’t help Waves DAO as the DAO holds 0 XTN.

Thanks for the response,

Got it, I was thinking about XTN because Waves Poker uses it directly.

I update my proposal and my funds requirement.

Funds Requirements:
I am looking for a scheduled funding of 0.2 WAVES per block.
It will allow Waves Poker to continue its development and offer incentives to players to join the platform as well as offer sizable cash prizes in poker tournaments regularly.

Profit for the DAO:
I will update the way Waves Poker operate by replacing XTN by a new Token named $WavesPoker.
Players will be able to buy some $WavesPoker and use it on the website exactly as XTN can be used now.
Some poker tournaments will require players to hold a certain amount of $WavesPoker in their account to be able to participate in it and get a chance to win the cash prize.
$WavesPoker will be able to be traded on secondary markets obviously.
It will allow me to offer WavesDAO a sizable portion of $WavesPoker supply.

Proposed Transaction:
{
“type”: 16,
“version”: 2,
“senderPublicKey”: “5ZDbzzBYhfPRt9KEpbyNW67Ng18Q1uNMdt99JjC7j8ok”,
“dApp”: “3PEwRcYNAUtoFvKpBhKoiwajnZfdoDR6h4h”,
“call”: {
“args”: [
{
“type”: “integer”,
“value”: 20000000
},
{
“type”: “string”,
“value”: “3PJUzpYNcBvgSg4Qc5sS6udupXH1VpnDvAZ”
}
],
“function”: “setScedule”
},
“payment”: ,
“fee”: 900000,
“feeAssetId”: null,
“timestamp”: ‘5 days from proposal time’,
“chainId”: 87,
“id”: “2qJwqnPSkD1VcEDHfjezg5WAhQ3opxLkLHiFiKz8aWCE”
}

Looking forward to reading you,

Your welcome.

Updated version also not possible currently.
DAO vesting can be seen here: dao_vesting
Available WAVES per block is 0.1, max total amount in your transaction is advisable.

Unclear what value and how much $WavesPoker, Waves DAO receives.

I see, I update my Funds requirement once again then,

Funds Requirements:
I am looking for a scheduled funding of 0.1 WAVES per block. For a period of 12 months, so it gives Waves Poker room to attract and retain players on the long run.

Profit for the DAO:
$Waves Poker will have a max supply of 10 millions tokens and be first minted as players will be able to purchase them on the website for a fixed price of $0.1 per token payable in Waves token because it is the most liquid asset in the ecosystem.
Waves poker will provide the Waves DAO with 1 million $Waves Token in total sent each month until the 12 months funding run out. So 100 000 $Waves Token each month for a 12 months period.

Proposed Transaction:
{
“type”: 16,
“version”: 2,
“senderPublicKey”: “5ZDbzzBYhfPRt9KEpbyNW67Ng18Q1uNMdt99JjC7j8ok”,
“dApp”: “3PEwRcYNAUtoFvKpBhKoiwajnZfdoDR6h4h”,
“call”: {
“args”: [
{
“type”: “integer”,
“value”: 10000000
},