Looking for Guidance on Data Centre Power Consumption Optimisation

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

I’m writing to this informed community to ask for tips and information on data centre power consumption optimisation. Our major priority now is controlling energy efficiency as we continue to grow our infrastructure. Our objective is to reduce power consumption without sacrificing the dependability and efficiency of our services.

We currently run a mid-sized data centre with a combination of modern and older hardware. We are searching for workable plans of action and innovative solutions that will enable us to increase our energy efficiency.

I want to learn more specifically about the following:

Best Practices of Cooling Systems: Which cooling technologies have made the most recent advances? :thinking: Exist any particular setups or combinations that have been shown to be highly energy-efficient? :thinking:

Software for Power Management: Do you know of any programmes that offer real-time power usage monitoring and control? :thinking: To what extent may these instruments be used to detect and reduce energy waste? :thinking:

Hardware Upgrades: Which parts often provide the most gains in energy efficiency when it comes to upgrades? :thinking: Are there specific models or brands that have a reputation for having low power consumption? :thinking:

Integration of Renewable Energy: Has anyone effectively incorporated wind and solar energy into their data centre operations? :thinking: What obstacles did you encounter, and the way did you navigate past them? :thinking:

Examples & Case Studies: Could you provide any research reports or instances of data centres that have drastically cut their electricity usage? :thinking: What actions did individuals take, and how did things turn out? :thinking:

I also followed this :point_right: https://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/optimization-of-power-bi-consumption-in-data-centers-using-machine-learning-based-approaches-a-review/252075724

Thank you :pray: in advance.